You are one of the Mob, you have your gangster costume all sorted, you have your gangster accessories such as Hat, Gun and Violin Case. Now you just have to act like a gangster. You are one tough guy, well dressed and smooth, and you don't take crap from anyone. So for your next fancy dress costume party - get your Gangster costume from Glamcostume. We'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Talk Like A Gangster
First of all you need some character tips to really get into the role of a budding Al Capone:
- Refer to women as 'Doll', this shows that you see them as a plaything, a toy, something to be used and tossed aside. Gangster's girls will work hard to keep you interested. Other terms: Gal, Sister, Sheba, a Jazz Baby, a Barlow or Whoopee Mama.
- Refer to men as Bird, an Egg (Good or Bad Egg), Fella, a Gink, Goose, Jasper or Mac.
- Refer to alcohol as Hooch, Giggle Water, and Bathtub Gin.
- If intoxicated at the local speakeasy use these terms: Soaked With a Bar Rag, Stewed To The Hat, Polluted, Plastered, Splifficated, Pie-Eyed.
- Refer to money as Greens, Mazuma, Jack, Sugar, Dough, Rhino or Cabbage.
- If someone owes you money or is just cheap, that person is a False Alarm, a One-Way Kid, a Gum-Drop or a Wallet-Clutcher.
- If you are planning a gang war between the families there use the following terms. 'Go to the mattresses' (conduct a violent war) 'DumDum's (soft-tipped bullets that inflict more damage), 'Bean Shooters', 'Muhaskas' or 'Heaters' (guns), 'Pineapples' (grenades) and plenty of 'Hatchetmen' or 'Gunsels' (men on your side).
- Refer to Police as: Hammer and Saws, the Heat, Bulls, Copper, Buttons, the Elbows, Elephant Ears or the Fuzz.
- Remember the Family Comes first
- You should speak english with a broken Italian Accent. Refer to the Don or the Godfather in Conversation, such as The Don won't be pleased.
Here are some useful Gangster Quotes you may want to include in your conversations at your Costume Party:
- I want no inquiries made. I want no acts of vengeance. I want you to arrange a meeting with the heads of the Five Families. This war stops now.
- I'm gonna make him an offer he won't refuse.
- You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your son back to you? Or my boy to me?
- Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.
- Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hands, alright?
- There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
- Friends and money - oil and water.
- Never let anyone know what you are thinking.
- When they come... they come at what you love.
- Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class.
- Now I know why tigers eat their young.
- You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
- You Talking to Me?